12/7/11

Making Me Smile!

I was in a bit of a hurry Monday night as I rushed to gather everything together and get everyone in their boots, hats, coats, and mittens before dropping the kids off at my parents' house so I could go to MOPS. We were almost ready. I just had to put on my second boot, and we could walk out the door, but something was stopping me from putting my foot in all the way. I pulled out my foot, reached my hand in, and pulled out a big bouncy ball. The way Ethan started laughing, I couldn't help but join in! Then he said, "Did you like that, Mom?! I put that in there today to make you smile, because I knew you had a headache. It worked didn't it?!"
He is so perceptive! I don't even remember telling him that I had a headache. I love how through all the craziness, Ethan can remind me about what matters most! I love you, kid!

1 comment:

Larry Lubinus said...

He is so funny and thoughtful! He is a great kid! You have done well.