I had a very fun day with the kids! We went to story time this morning at church. Then we met up with some friends in Ames, ate lunch at Jimmy John's, walked around the mall, played at their kiddyland, and visited a park near the mall until it started raining. This is how Ethan and I's conversation went on the way home:
"Mom, can we go to Dylan's house next?"
"No, Honey. He's not home."
"Well, where is he?"
"He's at day care."
"Well where's his mom and dad?"
"At work."
"Then who took him to day care?"
"His Mommy took him. Then she had to go to work."
"Then who's watching him?"
"The day care lady."
"Oh, I see."
"Do you wish you could go to day care?"
"No, I want you to stay with me and protect me and keep me from getting into trouble and help me not to crash into things when I walk around with my eyes closed."
Such a simple conversation, but so sweet! It feels so good to be wanted and needed. I LOVE MY JOB!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Almost brings a tear to your eye. What you are going is far more important than any job!
Post a Comment