3/30/10

November 4, 2008

On election day, Josh and I strapped Ethan in his car seat, and told him we were going bye-bye to vote. Ethan seemed oddly excited about the whole thing. I assumed it was just because he wanted to get out of the house. Ethan read a book on my lap while I voted, and then we waited a couple minutes by the front door while Josh finished up. As we were waiting by the door, Ethan was really checking everything out. He saw an open staircase and balcony that a few people had walked down. He pointed to it, and said, "Stairs, Mommy, try it, boat?" That's when it finally clicked for me! Ethan was excited to "go vote," because he thought we were going to "go boat!" I couldn't help but laugh as I tried to explain it to him.
This was taken just moments before we went to go boat.....I mean vote!

No comments: