3/30/10

Around 2.5 Years Old

I'm unsure of the exact dates of these next few comments, because I failed to write them down after he said them. I know that they were all said around the time when he was 2.5 years old.

I caught Ethan posing in the full length mirror and saying, "I got this body on Nutri-System!"

After singing a few Christian songs with the kids, one of the day care kids asked me where Jesus lives. I told him that he lives in our hearts. Ethan responded, "No, He doesn't!" Understanding that his literal thinking mind might find it creepy to have a person living in his heart, I asked Ethan where he thought Jesus lived. He said, "On an Iowa Public Television program.

Ethan felt a bug bite on the back of his neck and told me, "I think I have a nipple back here, Mom. I'm gonna bute it. Bute! Bute!" (For those of you who don't know, a "nipple bute" is when you gently pinch a nipple and say, "Bute.")

At a friend's birthday party, someone told Ethan that they liked his big blue eyes, he responded, "You can't have them!"

No comments: