We explained "the Santa concept" a little bit more to Ethan this year. I still really want to avoid turning Christmas into a "greedy present holiday," but Santa used to visit me when I was a kid, and I turned out ok, right? Anyway, we thought we could possibly use Santa as a way to help Ethan behave, so we talked about how Santa only brings toys to good little kids and the naughty ones get coal. After having some trouble listening one day, Ethan asked me, "Is Santa gonna bring me coal?"
I responded, "I don't know. What do you think?"
He said, "Well maybe like toy coal for my grill set."
Ha! I love it! It's like he's saying, "I know I can be naughty at times. I might as well imbrace it and find a good use for the coal!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
He is like so smart, he can take coal and put it to good use!
You asked...you didn't turn out alright! :)
Post a Comment