9/1/10

What's Your Grandpa?

One of my day care kids was about to be picked up for the day by his grandpa. We were all talking about grandpas when Ethan asked, "What's your grandpa, Seth?"
Seth gave him a confused look, not really knowing what Ethan was asking him. Ethan explained a little more by saying, "My grandpa's a Pioneer guy."
Seth's grandpa is retired, but he explained to Ethan where his grandpa used to work. This whole time I was thinking, wow, I can't believe Ethan knew where his Grandpa Larry works. I wonder if he knows where any of his other grandparents work? So I asked, "What's your Grandpa Jeff?"
Ethan thought a second and said, "A farmer." (right again!)
"What's your Grandma Joni?"
"A horse rider." (well, pretty close, she works at a western store and likes to ride horses in her free time)
"What's your Grandma Cindy?"
"A super hero!"
"Why is she a super hero?"
"Cuz she brings books, and that's what girl super heros do. They bring books!"
"Oh ok, so she's a super hero."
"Well, actually she's a wizard."
"Why is she a wizard?"
"Cuz I like wizard shorts." (one of his favorite pairs of basketball shorts)
I'm not really sure what to make of Ethan's thoughts on my mom's occupation. I'm wondering if maybe he didn't know what she did, so he just started being goofy. For those of you who don't know, my mom sells lia sophia jewelry and runs an in-home day care. (So in a way, she sort of is a super hero and a wizard!) Just out of curiousity, I asked Ethan, "What's Dad?"
He responded, "A worker."
"Yeah, but what does he do at work."
"Just works."
"Ok. What's Mommy?"
"A player." (By the way, I'm very proud of that answer! There is no better way I would rather be spending my time right now!)
"What are you?"
"A dinosaur."
"Oh, really?! What's Livi?"
"A princess!"
"Well, you're right about that!"

No comments: