Lately, after I finish reading a book to Ethan, he "reads" it to me. I know he doesn't know how to read yet, but you would be amazed at how much he can memorize after only hearing it a few times! The other night, we were reading the classic, "Brown Bear Brown Bear." When it was his turn to read it, he stopped on the page with the blue horse and just sat quietly looking at it for awhile. Then he said, "Mom, the horse is looking down."
I said, "Yep, it is," keeping my answer short, thinking he was just stalling bedtime.
"But Mom, the horse is looking down!"
"Yep, that's right."
"Well, maybe we'll have to get a new book then."
"What?.......Why?.......Oooohhh! You are so smart, buddy!" For those of you who are unfamiliar with the book, it says, "I see a blue horse looking at me." And well, in the picture the horse isn't looking at us, so I guess we need a new book! Man, my little guy doesn't miss anything, does he?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He impresses me more everyday!
Post a Comment