Josh was out with some work friends and I was getting supper ready for the kids. Ethan asked for a left over hamburger, oranges, and pickles. I tossed a handful of shredded cheddar on Olivia's high chair to keep her busy while I got everything ready. Before I put the cheese away, I put a handful on Ethan's plate, because I knew he liked it too. But when I handed him his plate, he said, "Hey! I didn't ask for any cheese!" He's going through that "I'm in charge" stage.
I tried to remain calm as I said, "Okay, you don't have to eat it if you don't want it. I put it there because I thought you liked cheese."
After he thought things through a bit, he realized that he did in fact like cheese and he would like to eat it. He felt bad for whining at me, so he said, "Sorry, Mom, I didn't mean to get all up in your junk."
I, of course, didn't believe what I had just heard and asked him to repeat himself. Yep, that's what he said alright! I'm still trying to figure out where he learned that one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment